ENTOMBED SOULS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ENTOMBED SOULS

GAMING GUILD OF GOOD OLD DORKY FOLKS

Actively Searching for DayZ Setup

5 posters

Game Testing Version 3

Remm
    Remm

Game Testing Version 3 Empty Game Testing Version 3

Post  Remm Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 am

So build 3 is up and running as of the 27th, and Remmfet is invited again for testing. They sent out emails on the 27th for invites, so check your registered account with SWTOR just in case.
    Remm
    Remm

Game Testing Version 3 Empty Re: Game Testing Version 3

Post  Remm Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Decided this build to try out Trooper Class, up to level 10 and liking it so far. This build is running noticeably smoother with improved graphics, except for shading, which is a cluster fuck. Poly lines all over the place and what not. Trooper class so far is the pro-military GI Joe missions and commentary, ok if you like that kind of Good Guy Grunt. The best move so far he has is a bomb shot that knocks your foe down then you run up and smash him in the face with the butt end of the rifle and the foe flies back then boom doa.

I will post up some screenies when i get a chance, if there is any screen shot you guys want specifically i will try and grab one. All other characters i had are gone, so will have to be a lowbie region to start.

Can't wait to get this game moving along...
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:55 am

Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 am

Sup yall been a while. Anyhoot i found my new favorite class to play... Trooper Tank over Sniper. Storyline of IA was cool and not finished; Trooper story is more of a GI Joe good guy i'm playing, i'm sure the dark side options would probably be more fun, but heck for Beta might as well be a goody goody.

Trooper - Vanguard

So lets see the picture above shows the highlight of the Vanguard Tank spec, At level 15 you really start to get "Tanking" abilities.

The mechanics of Trooper i am still trying to get comfortable with, you have basically your "Stances" with Ion Pulse (Increases Armor, Threat and Shield, periodic Damage burst), Armor Piercing (Reduces Target Armor) or Elemental (Basically chance to cause Fire DOT and adds DPS). You use them in the same manner as stances, one active only.

Body Guard - Ability that i can't remember the name from WoW, but you activate it on a player in your group and you will aborb 50% of their damage taken.

Shield Boost - Activates a plasma shield that reduces damage by 20% for 10 secs

Ion Pulse - A shot that reduces damage of target by 10% or something; debuff

Shockstrike - My favorite animation - You hit your target with the Butt end of the gun, looks awesome as a finishing move.

Spec wise I started with:

Shield Tree - Tanking Talents that mitigate damage
    Tactics Tree - More of a bomb, CC avoidance tree
    Assault Tree - Additional DPS Tree, combo leveling tree i call it

Most of the talents are passive talents that either increase DPS for a certain shot or add armor shielding etc.... nothing too exciting on that end.

Tanking - So i tanked one 4 man heroic, its kinds cool with Trooper, you have lots of AOE, ranged threat etc. The main problem i foresee is NO TARGET OF TARGET.... it is difficult to make sure everyone is on you, lots of awareness needed. There is also a lack of a marking system, which hopefully will be added for Raids.... lots of mobs and no Voice Coms makes it hard to coordinate.

Tanking Leveling - Its a breeze to level, trooper has some really cool effects, the AOE effect kicks as with Pulse Burst Shot, its a 10meter aoe cone of effect that you can swing around you and hits all targets in its path... its like Sith Lightning just cooler. Bomb Blast shoots a massive cannon shot that knocks folks down and looks neat as well.

Worst Part - Mass Volley - weak animation.
    Companion - Jorgen - military cat toon that is annoying as shit since he is demoted to below you and just whines and bitches. BUT he hits like a truck, so 2 Man Heroics are possible with him.

Overall Beta 3 - they have improved a lot of lag issues, animations, voice acting and armor designs. They still have A LOT of work to do on balancing Heroics, lots of animation bugs still in there, quests respawn hub backup with leveling players and most of all transport is still fubar.

Last Thing - I am going TANK now... lol... operative can kiss my ass. HHAAAH.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't work want to play... its back baby its back.... someone get the damn invite! Bob got his yesterday so keep an eye out on Beta invites... Republic Beta woot woot.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:37 am

My new shiny helm... level 20 in the house...
    coffee
    coffee

Game Testing Version 3 Empty Game reset

Post  coffee Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:34 pm

The game was reset a couple days ago. Remm if you ever get power again, look for me on there. My name is Coffee on the PVP server... I'm not playing as Sith until the game releases so I'm a good guy trooper.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:09 pm

coffee wrote:The game was reset a couple days ago. Remm if you ever get power again, look for me on there. My name is Coffee on the PVP server... I'm not playing as Sith until the game releases so I'm a good guy trooper.

will do if i ever get power back, still out... ffs this sucks.
    coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Do you live in a neighbourhood or are you on a farm or something? How many days has it been now?

*Edit... this is not meant to sound douche-baggy. I'm just curious if you are out in a rural area or in a more suburban type place.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm

coffee wrote:Do you live in a neighbourhood or are you on a farm or something? How many days has it been now?

*Edit... this is not meant to sound douche-baggy. I'm just curious if you are out in a rural area or in a more suburban type place.

Suburb type of place, google map it if you want

Evans Drive, Simsbury, CT

I live basically right off a main stretch of road with shopping centers etc that had power on the 2nd day. The storm hit on two saturdays ago, since we still had leaves on the trees the snow stuck like glue and toppled limbs onto wires, uprooted trees etc. My neighborhood looked like a tornado went through it. So it has been 11 days so far and a a max there were 850,000 people out in the State of CT, it is down to 4% of that left without power to date. The power company down here s privately owned, not sure if its the same in Canada or if its part of government. Anyway the utility has sucked balls when it comes to communication and organizing their crews. I saw trucks from Quebec the other day, but alas not on my street. So not rural or anything, just a shitty as corporate bull shit profit over people douche bag company.

This comes from a person that worked an oil pipeline burst this year and was amazed at the organization of the response from top to bottom working with the EPA, local agencies and the company was Canadian (Enbridge), so to watch this half ass response is killing me. My kids have been out of school for 7 days now and may not go back tomorrow.... which means my work has been shot as well.

Shit shit and more shit...

at least today its sunny at about 60F down here so its a nice day not ot work.
    Feallthas
    Feallthas

Post  Feallthas Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 am

Just got my invite. Installing it now.
    shreff

Post  shreff Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Are you just in for the weekend Beta? I got in for the weekend, so I will see you in game I guess.
    Feallthas
    Feallthas

Post  Feallthas Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Yeah, just for the weekend. Which sucks because I'm REALLY busy this weekend.

Hopefully I can get some time tomorrow night, but we'll see.
    Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm

I got my invite on friday but I went out of town on thursday and didn't get it until today. So no beta testing for me (yet). I am still hopeful. I got an invite on both accounts I have with bioware. Mine was a weekend test.
    shreff

Post  shreff Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:04 pm

After playing the weekend test, I am even more excited for release than before. I've never enjoyed leveling in a MMO that much. This game will probably destroy most aspects of my social life when it first comes out.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:52 pm

shreff wrote:After playing the weekend test, I am even more excited for release than before. I've never enjoyed leveling in a MMO that much. This game will probably destroy most aspects of my social life when it first comes out.

muahahah, yeah it is fun, the storyline is kick ass versus WoW leveling, just wait until you actually get some pwn powers to go along with the story. Which class did you play for the weekend?

My brother and i were talking about it and we both figure leveling will be much slower for us all because the story is actually fun. I figure on adding at least 10 hours of level time due to just listening to the NPC story compared to WoW where i would just Tab through the content and just blast away at whatever.

What classes did anyone try for that matter this weekend?

I'm still without power so sadly no gametime for me...
    shreff

Post  shreff Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:35 pm

I tried out every class for a few levels, and now I'm even more confused about what class to pick. Each class had at least one aspect that really drew me towards it.
    coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

I've been sticking to the good guys the whole time because I don't want to spoil any sith stuff for myself. The weekend beta was a lot of fun though and the servers actually held up well I thought.

Can't wait for release now
    Feallthas
    Feallthas

Post  Feallthas Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:46 pm

I didn't get much time to play only like 5 hours or so on Sunday as my weekend was super packed.

I tried out one class from each side, really to see the intro, Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor.

I thought Jedi Knight was neat, but I really like having the use of Force Powers so I'll probably stick with Sith Inquisitor when release hits.

I agree about the story. It could the fact that I've always loved the Star Wars universe, but I found it really engaging and just as Remm said I wasn't just jumping through and ignoring the fluff of the quests. It does help that there is someone talking through them.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Glad yall like it, only a month or so away so should be fun. I am going to get a TS server rental for us to use for the game. From what i can tell the guild is ready for import so that will be cool that we don't have to do that crap, we will all be on the same server and ready to rock and roll. Pre-order week ahead of release sweet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 am