ENTOMBED SOULS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ENTOMBED SOULS

GAMING GUILD OF GOOD OLD DORKY FOLKS

Actively Searching for DayZ Setup

4 posters

Game Testing

Remm
    Remm

Game Testing Empty Game Testing

Post  Remm Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 am

Will add in stuff i find under this post... when i think i can.
    Remm
    Remm

Game Testing Empty Re: Game Testing

Post  Remm Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:24 am

Compared to

Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 am

Feed me more leaks, I want more, more, and more. Cannot get enough
    shreff

Post  shreff Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pretty good site that posts Beta info. Starting to post full talent trees.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 pm

shreff wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pretty good site that posts Beta info. Starting to post full talent trees.

Yeah that site has a lot of information, i will keep posting screenies when i see cool stuff, i just went snipe with my Agent at level 11 and will let you know how it goes.

The UI is completely default UI, i think they did a great job of placement of bars etc, there is additional side slots you can activate when i get to it. The maps are perfect location and comms is really good as well, it won't interfere at all with gameplay. The only grib is health numbers are not shown, not sure if there is an option for it. Combat text is ok as well.
    Darkadin
    Darkadin

Post  Darkadin Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 pm

By the way Remm - the dialog wheel shows you when a choice will be light side / dark side by putting an icon in the center of the wheel. Generally, for republic the top choice (1) is light and the bottom choice (3) is dark, with the middle choice varying between a more sarcastic or humorous light side choice or a greedy or selfish dark side choice.

You can also hit escape to cancel a conversation and start it over if you make an oops and pick a response that didn't lead where you expected. Can also use that to figure out which response will give you the best results with companion's affections - since some companions admire greed, or brutality, or honor, etc.. instead of being simply "good" or "evil".
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:22 am

DoH, didnt even notice the center icon thing for light side darkside, i was flirting with a chick thinking that would be evil and devious.. yet was light side choice.. .i was like what...

Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 am

So I guess my first negative comment, well probably a plus for some of you. BUT the dialogue is getting old on some of these quests, the Class Questline and Story is great and fun to listen to and decide on responses. BUT the normal grind it quests have really been drawn out once you hit the second planet. From level 11 to 15 is a real grind, mostly due to the amount of running. Its one of those here is a big ass city which we will put quests all over the place, your trainer will be at the rear of the trade center, crafting will be crammed into one corner, oh and with that you will have to run for about 10 mins per questline.

So much so that you reallly reallllllly slow down on rate of questing and leveling from 11 to 15. They really have some good lines with Heroic quests along the way and all that. But in between i began to feel for just a find this and retrieve it the dialogue was getting too much. You can skip it, but then you feel cheated. So with that i really have a feeling that leveling in SWTOR is going to be a long time. BUT THEN SLAM you get sprint at level 15... which holy shit was like getting Epic Flying the speed difference.

Again this is only my negative aspects of having to do the Core Material to Level while really enjoying the Class Questline. Playing about 3-4 hours a night over the weekend i have hit level 15, basically its about a level every 1.5-2 hours which isn't that bad i guess.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:52 am

Some new shots from tonight, heading to Korriban and have the ship, cool looking like it... Bioware Mass Effect Style to it... very cool.

Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:43 am

Just to note, this build is actually more unstable than the original, not sure what tweaks they have made, but this round is crash city. There are a lot of minor graphic issues as they implemented the AA option with people floating in the air and whatnot.

One thing i wish they included more of was interaction with the companion, she seems to have only about 3 comments and likes to repeat them often. Only beginning stages but its solid.

Crafting is underway, i went with Slicing (basically its free credits... woot), scavanger (metal) for my gathering professions and i did armtech or whatever for building weapons. I really think this is where the game shines on one aspect, they realize Crafting is a freggin grind waste of time bull shit fest... so instead of you having to fly all over the place looking for shit you just have your companion do it. There is a Crew window in which you can set off your assistance to either Craft or Gather items on top of just finding them in the woods. The cool part is it can happen while running around or in a space port where ever. The downside is your companion is Gone for a certain amount of time to complete their mission, so if questing realize you are now Solo... which granted is not a big deal.

I have other toons i can take screen shots from, just let me know and i will try and get something to you guys that you want to check out.
    Darkadin
    Darkadin

Post  Darkadin Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 am

Crafting is fairly solid, I thought. It is a lot like Kotor1 and Kotor2 - good items have sockets and you plug in stuff to upgrade them. Overlay, underlay, support, etc for armor. Scope, barrel, trigger, etc for guns. Lens, emitter, focus crystal, colors for light sabers. And you get 5 or 6 companions in total and can only have 1 out questing with you, so you can have the rest doing crafting stuff in the background w/o any impact at later levels.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Darkadin wrote:Crafting is fairly solid, I thought. It is a lot like Kotor1 and Kotor2 - good items have sockets and you plug in stuff to upgrade them. Overlay, underlay, support, etc for armor. Scope, barrel, trigger, etc for guns. Lens, emitter, focus crystal, colors for light sabers. And you get 5 or 6 companions in total and can only have 1 out questing with you, so you can have the rest doing crafting stuff in the background w/o any impact at later levels.

Hmm i think this will be the first game i actually do crafting then... booya.
    Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Remm wrote:

I thought you were a pot master in WoW?
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Altair wrote:
    Remm wrote:

I thought you were a pot master in WoW?

Bah herbs/alchemy was sooo easy it was mindless, i tried BS and enchanting and only got to about 100/350 level... soooo tedious on the whole trading and all that crap.. i hated it.

I wish one of you fuckers had the Testing going... its getting pretty damn boring all on my own out there in the galaxy.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:34 am

Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm

How's the agent coming along remm?
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:02 pm

I must admit i am a bit meh lack of motivation at this point... its odd i am pumped about the game and enjoy it while playing while at the same time going... why am i doing this... my toon will be destroyed in 3 months and will have to redo everything.

I have gotten to level 20 on my personal quest to assassinate those that killed Lord Something or other. Basically i have been flying around now in my third planet infiltrating a Republic Terrorist Group. Like i said before the class questline is awesome, story is great, options for choices are wonderful, but the grind them quest lines are getting a bit tedious in that i just want to get it done... aka MMO for me. But for those that enjoy all the subtle stories you will love it. I was the type of player in Knights of the Republic and Dragon Age that if it was Class specific or the Main Plot i just was blasting my way through.

This last build has been REAAAAALLLY laggy for my machine and the last Heroic Group i went with was hard. It appears at level 18-20 you really do need a Tank and Healer for these Heroic questlines, which i feel is great. The NPCs within the areas are a bit over health pooled, in that they don't really do anything exciting just get shot or bladed A LOT... one Elite takes about 5 mins to take down.

Let's see abilities, my Sniper is deadly, he is just that, cover position, lineup Ambush and will usually 1-shot a normal NPC, then go into my Sniper Shot, hit two quick normal shots that are 0 energy, let energy build and Sniper again with a Burst Ambush to finish off.

If i see anything really cool i will screen shot it. The game would for sure be more enjoyable if we had a group of us in there... playing solo is ok, but alas i like running guild stuff more.
    Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 am

Remm, From all of the classes you have tired out, which have you liked the best and which have you thought sucked?
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 am

So last few days have been tough in game, the lag has been pretty much to the point of unplayable, not sure what changed, they may have added a lot of accounts, not sure.

They tested a new combat mission that was fun to play. Other than that i ran into my first World Boss the other night, which I posted above, he had an armor that reduced damage by 50% and high regen. The Raid interface needs a lot more customized abilities, its pretty basic here are my frames and let me put them here... nothing can be changed on them in relation to showing HP text or only showing your own buffs etc.

The Raid was a cluster fuck, the chat options are limited and once we engaged the boss the entire Planet would lag to all fucks with no energy regen allowed etc, was a big old cluster fuck and we couldn't even put a dent in this guy.

Altair - so far I have only played my Imperial Agent - Sniper Class and Jedi - Sentinel.

I personally like the jedi more than the sniper, but can only get into the sniper so far.

Sniper Opinions -

The class is ok, from my standpoint i think they messed up the companion, she is a ranged fighter/tank for you, but the problem is you are a ranged DPSer in sniper class. So she does this pull to her thing that just doesn't make sense, you setup near a rock or whatever and it just looks dump shooting the NPC from on top of you... but meh what are you going to do.

Gameplay Sniper

Basic rotation is to setup a cover spot - then Ambush (3second Shot) followed by either a Snipe (1.5 sec) or blast depending on health... rinse repeat. You pretty much have no AOE but a frag granade and have a lot of crowd control. Its basically in essence playing a hunter who hides behind a wall....lols.

Negatives -

Cover mode is clumsy and really limits DPS if you are on the move, in fights where moving is key snipers will be gimped dramatically. I think in a raid scenario snipers will be used as CC with stun abilities and burst DPS. Steady DPS will rely in the type of fight and energy regen.

Talents are boring to be honest, nothing really that cool, the first talents gained are the basic add 0.5% crit to sniper, allow armor to be negated with shots... etc.

Positives -

leveling is crazy easy, kill rate slow, but i can kill even an Elite solo by Hunter Kiting Method. Story is Awesome, love it so far the main story for Agent rocks.

Jedi -

Positives - wow just a killing machine, you can saber through a group non-stop, you have a knock back, aoe slice, CC ability and basically can PWN anything. Your droid companion can tank with the best of them, using an AOE frag to get their attention and CC abilites.

Negatives - honestly didn't see one at this point, but was only level 15
    Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:35 am

Here's a chart I found that I thought I'd share. Here's the link to it also: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    My question for remm is "Are the percentages on the right of the chart pretty true in beta?" from what you have seen. Thanks.

Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 am

Well testing is over... so look out for Beta to be coming soon i think. They closed down the servers this past weekend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:49 am