ENTOMBED SOULS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ENTOMBED SOULS

GAMING GUILD OF GOOD OLD DORKY FOLKS

Actively Searching for DayZ Setup

+4
Shipmate
Feallthas
Remm
shreff
8 posters

Class/Role

shreff

Class/Role Empty Class/Role

Post  shreff Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:37 am

I was just curious who had their mind set on a particular class and/or role. I figure that this list can help those of us on the fence decide what class we want to play. If you reply with the class and role you want to play endgame, I'll update the list. Reply with your most desired role, not the one you are willing to fill if the guild needs it. We'll see how even the split is.

Juggernaut
    -Tank
    -Altair
    -DPS

Marauder
    -DPS
    -Rhaine

Powertech
    -Tank
    -Remm
    -DPS

Mercenary
    -Heals
    -Coffee
    -DPS

Sorcerer
    -Heals
    -DPS

Assassin
    -Tank
    -DPS
    -Feallthas

Operative
    -Heals
    -DPS

Sniper
    -DPS

Last edited by shreff on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:24 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Remm
    Remm

Class/Role Empty Re: Class/Role

Post  Remm Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Operative for me, stealth and ball kick... sounds like fun!
    Feallthas
    Feallthas

Post  Feallthas Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Assassin DPS.
    Feallthas
    Feallthas

Post  Feallthas Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

I know Raihne wanted to play a Marauder DPS. Mainly because he wants to dual wield lightsabers.
    Shipmate
    Shipmate

Class/Role Empty Shipmate Tank

Post  Shipmate Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:58 am

Shipmate Tank Spec. Carry a Big Stick to hit like a Brick.
    Åshaman
    Åshaman

Post  Åshaman Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:25 am

I wanted to go Bounty Hunter tank, but after watching many videos/streams, I think I'd have more fun as a Sith Warrior tank. Since there seems to be a few who want to tank already, I'd be willing to go dps, but my first choice was definitely tank spec.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:49 am

From playing the beta it will be hard to predict what classes and roles people are going to settle into... its nice to see most of us are willing to tank or heal to start. Ranged is kinda fun with blasters, sabers are definitely cooler; this game really is about trying out different classes and will keep at least all of us busy trying out each class since they play sooo differently.
    shreff

Post  shreff Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Every time I read an article or watch a video about a different class, I change my mind about what I want to play. I'll probably have one of each eventually.
    Åshaman
    Åshaman

Post  Åshaman Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:38 pm

shreff wrote:Every time I read an article or watch a video about a different class, I change my mind about what I want to play. I'll probably have one of each eventually.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably try out everything. My initial gut feeling was to roll a tank, just because I never did much of that in WoW, so I figured I'd give it a go in this one. But like Remm said, who knows what we'll like a few months into the game.
    coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm going to roll a Sith Inquisitor healing spec.

One more thing... I had to re-apply to the guild because EA is a bunch of fucking idiots and Origin is a bag full of donkey cocks.

I think the name is gorebowl now. You'll know who it is.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 am

coffee wrote:I'm going to roll a Sith Inquisitor healing spec.

One more thing... I had to re-apply to the guild because EA is a bunch of fucking idiots and Origin is a bag full of donkey cocks.

hahaha ok man... going to send them mass emails like you did the Blizzard folks?
    Åshaman
    Åshaman

Post  Åshaman Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 am

Remm wrote:
    coffee wrote:I'm going to roll a Sith Inquisitor healing spec.

hahaha ok man... going to send them mass emails like you did the Blizzard folks?

Ooooh man.. if you do, cc them to me!

coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:07 pm

I may have to start emailing them if Origin continues to be as good as it has been for me so far. I'll be sure to email EA though and not Bioware.
    coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 am

The experience with BF3 last night was frustrating with the lack of support for chrome. It installs a Chrome plugin, but it just doesn't work.

I had to email ea support and let them know that steam is better. I CCd blizzard support on it to let them know I still don't like them either. I also CCd steam support on it (it's an email address they don't use any longer but still exists) to let steam know that they are my preferred choice.

To be honest that was the most fun I had last night playing BF3
    Åshaman
    Åshaman

Post  Åshaman Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 pm

coffee wrote:The experience with BF3 last night was frustrating with the lack of support for chrome. It installs a Chrome plugin, but it just doesn't work.

I had to email ea support and let them know that steam is better. I CCd blizzard support on it to let them know I still don't like them either. I also CCd steam support on it (it's an email address they don't use any longer but still exists) to let steam know that they are my preferred choice.

Everything I've read and heard from others; is that BF3 isn't nearly as good as they are hyping it up to be.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Åshaman wrote:
    coffee wrote:The experience with BF3 last night was frustrating with the lack of support for chrome. It installs a Chrome plugin, but it just doesn't work.

Everything I've read and heard from others; is that BF3 isn't nearly as good as they are hyping it up to be.

Off-topic bitches... lolz.

Meh hype or not something to do ... so why not. Only play MP for Battlefield series, the single player always kinda sucked imo. MP in BF is much better than any other war game i have played so far. Counter Strike, COD or BF i take BF any day of the week.
    coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Been a while since the intended rolls were updated. I'm sure peoples intended specs/rolls have changed over time.

Shreff you can drop me in for merc heals (today... who knows about tomorrow hah). I've been watching different classes and was going to go sith inquisitor (sorc) but now I think I'll do BH.

The problem with the game is there appears to be no weak classes/specs right now

Early to know for sure though I suppose...
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:22 am

coffee wrote:Been a while since the intended rolls were updated. I'm sure peoples intended specs/rolls have changed over time.

Shreff you can drop me in for merc heals (today... who knows about tomorrow hah). I've been watching different classes and was going to go sith inquisitor (sorc) but now I think I'll do BH.

The problem with the game is there appears to be no weak classes/specs right now

Early to know for sure though I suppose...

Yup, i can't stress enough that i would love it if everyone just plays a character they really like to play, don't worry about specs or even roles at this point, it will work out in the end i promise. There is enough of us playing this round to create a balanced attack, heals and tanking for end game.... which is a long way away. I foresee at least a two character progression for each of us before we even start end game madness. Lets enjoy the little things this game will bring, keep it fresh and loose while learning our toons and go from there.

Side note, will be a joy to get back into online gaming, been busy with soo many damn house projects, kids soccer, work and craziness. Will be nice to get away from crazy and chill out a few nights a week.

PS - for us Cool American types happy Thanksgiving and FOOTBALL madness... for you Canucks... yeah have fun at work BITCHES!
    coffee
    coffee

Post  coffee Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm

I think it's safe to say that I want to play every spec of every class at this point. Operative looks fun.

Have a good thanksgiving punks! I took some vacation time for this weekend so I suppose I'll enjoy the weekend too
    Shipmate
    Shipmate

Class/Role Empty SHIPMATE DOWNLOADING BETA

Post  Shipmate Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:18 pm

What's up Entombed Souls?

I've been rather busy with preparing the USS Missouri (SSN 780) in departing the Electric Boat Shipyard in Groton, CT. I have to say the VIRGINIA Class Submarine is rather amazing and resembles a Star Trek themed control center. The Engine Room is updated as well, but not as drastic as forward end. I guess I know one person here can understand what I'm speaking about..cough Shreff.

I look forward to seeing the Beta and getting to learn the ropes of the Tanking Class.

Hope all having a great Holiday weekend and wondering if there is a particular server for BETA you all are on?

See you in game.

/salute
    Shipmate
    shreff

Post  shreff Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I was wondering if anyone else got a chance to test the game over the weekend and what their impressions were. Every time I tried a new class I changed my mind about what I was going to play at launch, they all have some amazing aspects. The thing that surprised me the most was the PVP. I never really enjoyed it in WOW, but it is a lot of fun here. Even with two other guys beating on you, you still have a chance. It is much lest bursty than WOW and I never got stunlocked and obliterated, which was nice. Warzones are fun and give bonuses for choosing to pursue objectives rather than mindlessly fighting in midfield. It seems like a group in vent could do really well coordinating in PVP and have a lot of fun. I could do warzones once I hit level 10 and they give pretty good XP, but the nicest surprise was the number of credits they gave, sometimes well over 1,000 for a match.
    shreff

Post  shreff Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:28 pm

I got one character high enough to run Hammer Station and Black Talon, and it seems like group mechanics are going to be pretty neat. The fact that all healers have a fixed resource pool and no means of increasing it introduces some interesting challenges. An Imperial Agent only has 100 energy, and heals cost close to 25. It regens quickly but not fast enough when the whole group is taking massive damage. This forces people to pay more attention to fight mechanics since the healer cannot necessarily keep up the group and tank all at the same time. Flashpoints and group quests were really fun, but tough since no one had any clue as to the fight mechanics.
    Altair
    Altair

Post  Altair Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:48 pm

I got into the weekend beta this past weekend and I had a great time with very few minor bugs. I rolled 1 of each empire character but only focused on the warrior and the bounty hunter. They both were great. I don't know anything about the other 2 but I was sucked in with the story. I am still leading toward the SW tank but the BH tank was fun. I went as far as 22 with my limited time (with being sick I was sleeping most of the time)

Some of the heroic quests proved to be hard even with a full group, but they were fun none the less. I also tanked black talon and hammer station but our group didn't even kill the first boss in hammer station due to the game crashing hard for me when we started the boss. (there was a scheduled restart and I crashed to desktop so not sure which cause me to drop to desktop)

I give this game as is a 9.5/10.
    Feallthas
    Feallthas

Post  Feallthas Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I got in over the weekend also, didn't get too much time to play but did get a Jedi Consular (Sage) to level 12. Ran my first flashpoint this time around, which I thought was awesome.

I really like how you get all those cut-scenes as it really pulls you into the story. Also the fact that you get choices as you go through the story that impact what happens really make it stand out in my mind. Far superior to WoW instances IMO.

I did also start a Bounty Hunter, Jedi Knight, and a Sith Inquisitor. Over all, each storyline is unique and engaging.

At this point, not sure to which class I'm leaning towards anymore. I honestly want to play them all.
    Remm
    Remm

Post  Remm Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:48 pm

You cheaters running empire classes... lolz. Just kidding. I ran black talon when i was playing, i went Trooper Tank and Jedi Knight. All were really cool and will be better to have people to play with for instances and for heroic quests. You can skip most of the heroic quests and still level, but whats the fun in that right.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:35 am